Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Top Non-obvious Things About Being Back in the States

1. Not worrying about what I eat and drink. I managed to evade any serious health incidents over a seven-week stay in Mexico/Guatemala, but after the incidents during my first trip to Mexico, I just don't trust the water/street vendors. I don't know if my distrust of filtered Mexico City tap water is irrational (need to check that out), and boiling everything just isn't a practical option. The unfortunate result is was a small-landfill's worth of water bottles emptied during my stay.

2. Being a few hundred feet above sea-level. I kind of feel slightly fatigued whenever I'm in Mexico. It's worst when I first arrive, and my body gradually adjusts. I haven't had a chance to go running since I returned, but I bet I'm going to feel like my lung capacity has tripled.

Guatemala was awesome. I'll post about it when I get I finally get the pictures onto the computer.

2 comments:

krzysztof said...

hey, post some pictures from your trip.

BTM said...

I think Fanny said that the link between camera and computer currently resides in Minnesota. We're heading there tomorrow.